Honeymoon Beach is World Class and off-the-beaten path as the beach only has three access points (see below) other than by Boat. Definitely a fun day for the whole family! The Caneel Bay Beach Club offers luxury beachfront amenities to complete your perfect day on arguably, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. If you choose to hike in and out, you will be happy you did. Have fun enjoying the terrain, plants and wildlife as you pass breathtaking overlooks along the way. If hiking is not your thing, just take the shuttle from the Caneel Bay (old Resort) entrance.
- Stairway behind the National Park Visitor Center. There is limited parking. The stairway leads to a road taking you to the Lower Lind Point Trail head. Just follow the signs. There is an option to take the upper or lower Lind Point Trail. You can choose either way depending on how adventurous you’re feeling. Salomon Beach is the first beach you come to from this direction and many folks like to stop there first.
- Caneel Spur Trail directly off the North Shore Road. Head out past Mongoose Junction on the North Shore Road and parking will be at the top of the hill on the left (about 1/2 mile). There is a large National Park Sign and before the speed bump, turn left onto the access road and parking is immediately on the left. From this parking area walk back out to the North Shore Road and follow the path on the left down the hill, following signs to Honeymoon Beach.
- Shuttle from the Caneel Bay (old Resort) entrance: Shuttle service provided for $12 round trip. Plenty of parking (Resort property restricted otherwise).
PLEASE UNDERSTAND BEFORE YOU HIKE: Flip flops are not advisable. Does this mean that you cannot hike the trail in Flip Flops? No, you can, but let’s just say you are going to be wishing you had worn other shoes. Some parts of the path are very rocky.
Caneel Bay Beach Club (click here for more details)
- Half Day and Full Day Passes — they include awesome amenities although not required for entrance.
- Walk-up service for food and bar
- Shopping boutique
- Cabana and beach chair rentals
- Watersports rentals
- Showers and Restrooms